Monday, October 17, 2011

Week of October 17

Sorry I am running a little late this week, I try to post on Sunday, but here we are Monday night. I have been getting over a bad cold and losing my voice, I will be better next week!

This week we are really amping up our literacy learning. Today I introduced "bossy e" and we are starting our learning on long vowel sounds. This week we are learning about long a sound in (CVCe or consonant, vowel, consonant, silent e) words.

We are also learning about when c sounds like /s/ and g sounds like /j/. We are talking about proper nouns. The high frequency words are be, could, horse, old, and paper. Thank you so much for helping your kids out at home with their homework. The first grade curriculum speeds up really quickly from here on out! They will be pro readers before you know it!

In math we are talking about patterns, odd and even numbers, number grid patterns, and continued work on additon and subtraction on a number line and skip counting.

Some things you could work on at home are skip counting by 2's, 5's, and 10's and counting change (especially nickels and pennies).

We are having a great time in first grade! I sure love teaching your kids! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment